Multi-Function Cookers: Product Comparison
||Instant Pot Duo||7 functions in one — 14 built-in programs — dual-pressure — automatic keep-warm up to 10 hours — timer with delay — microprocessor- controlled — stainless- steel inner pot — dishwasher-safe — built-in safety mechanisms||High End||Learn More|
||Redmond M90E||45 functions (17 automatic & 28 manual) — keep-warm and reheat settings — three-way heating — digital display with colour LED — non-stick inner bowl — steaming basket||High End||Learn More|
||Crock-Pot||6 functions (keep-warm included) — digital display — manual time adjustment — tempered glass lid — non-stick inner pot — dishwasher-safe||Mid-range||Learn More|
||Redmond M4502E||34 programs (16 automatic, 18 manual) — removable non-stick inner bowl — three-way heating — steaming rack — deep-fry basket||Mid-range||Learn More|
||Russell Hobbs 21850||11 programs — keep-warm function — non-stick inner pot — digital display — 24-hour timer||Affordable||Learn More|
The wide array of multi cookers out there on the market, which help to reduce cooking times, offer convenience in busy modern lives and produce better-flavoured food, can get confusing fast when there are just so many different options to choose from. Add in the dozens of features you can get with a multi cooker these days, and many people are left completely in the dark about what’s best for their needs. With the comparisons provided by this guide, though, you’ll have no trouble making an easy decision on what to buy.
Instant Pot Duo Review – Our Number 1
Any multi cooker which offers seven different functions is promising a lot, but for the price, this cooker really does seem to be an all-in-one appliance with a real commitment to simplifying life in the kitchen — and outside it.
- Able to pressure-cook, slow-cook, make yoghurt and steam dishes, as well as cook rice, sauté meat and vegetables and warm food through, the ‘7-in-1’ promise of this cooker’s name holds true. To achieve these, it boasts an incredible fourteen built-in programs — for soups, stews, beans, chillis, poultry and more — that offer three different temperatures for slow-cooking or sauté
- Dual-pressure cooking and automatic keep-warm systems really add to the functionality of this product, the latter holding heat into the food for up to ten hours after a cooking cycle.
- Its timer allows for delayed cooking by up to 24 hours, which fits perfectly into a busy schedule, while the embedded microprocessor automatically adjusts heating intensity when needed without any fuss — no more worries about regulating it yourself! However, you can manually set the cooker, if so desired, for up to 3 hours of pressure-cooking or 24 hours of slow-cooking. The large control panel, which can be used to change settings literally at the press of a button, makes this a highly accessible product.
- The dishwasher-safe, stainless-steel inner cooking pot has a 3-ply base that can work independently on all hobs (with the exclusion of induction models), allowing you to prepare different ingredients separately before combining them. The lid is also stainless steel, which makes both of the components incredibly easy to clean within moments.
- The manufacturer promises 10 in-built safety mechanisms, and the cooker itself is virtually silent and emits very little heat to its surroundings. The 1000-watt power consumption is fairly energy-efficient, too.
With handy how-to videos on both its UK and US websites, the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker is simple to use and blissfully stress-free. As with any kitchen appliance, you’ll need sufficient cupboard space to store it — it is rather large. Although expensive, this is definitely a purchase worth considering for the sheer convenience it offers, all in one attractive product (check the best price here).
Features: seven functions in one -- 14 built-in programs -- dual-pressure -- automatic keep-warm for up to 10 hours -- timer with delay of up to 24 hours -- microprocessor-controlled -- stainless-steel inner pot -- dishwasher-safe -- 10 built-in safety mechanisms -- comes with ladle, measuring cup and recipe book
Redmond M90E Review – Number 2
If you’re looking for a mid-sized, easy-to-store multi-cooker that retains incredible versatility, you’re definitely going to want to check out this Redmond M90E Series model. With an unbelievable 45 functions in total and a compact design that can cook a good volume of food, we’d say it’s seriously good value.
- The sheer number of functions offered by this multi-cooker is staggering. 17 automatic and 28 manual programs allow you to prepare dishes ranging all the way from soups to pizza to pasta to yoghurt, and many more — and with a detailed instruction manuel and hundred-strong recipe book, absolute beginners will be cooking in no time.
- Additional keep-warm and reheat functions are both set up to allow periods of up to 24 hours in between cooking and eating a meal, and the switch between cooking and keeping food warm when the process is completed is instantaneous and automatic. Its easy-to-read digital display in colour LED will notify you when this happens, as well as allowing you to change settings literally with the press of a button.
- For the amount of versatility it offers, this cooker’s power consumption isn’t too high — 860 watts for its 5-litre capacity is really rather reasonable, and since it’s designed to replace a large number of traditional kitchen appliances, you’ll be saving on energy costs overall. Three-way heating — from the bottom, sides and top — ensures a really even, consistent cook all the way through your food.
- With a non-stick ceramic inner bowl that can double as a serving vessel, it’s a breeze to wash up and keep clean over long periods of frequent use.
- The inner steaming basket is a great addition for those who like to prepare vegetables, fish and so much more — you can make a whole meal in one go!
Coming with a 100-strong recipe book, this compact, aesthetically pleasing cooker is a great choice for anyone who is interested in creating literally hundreds of different dishes! Although pricy, it’s likely worth it for its versatility and attractive design.
Features: 45 functions (17 automatic and 28 manual) -- keep-warm and reheat settings -- three-way heating -- digital display with colour LED -- non-stick inner bowl -- steaming basket
Crock-Pot Review – Number 3
Crock-Pot’s brand reliability for slow cookers is well-known, and now you can transfer that renown over to your own kitchen with this high-capacity multi-cooker. Let’s take a closer look at some of its features.
- With a 5.6-litre capacity, it’s a perfect option no matter the size of your household — its large volume simply means you can cook decent amounts and freeze them for later, putting the convenience into multi-cooking.
- The simpler six functions it offers might seem inadequate to some, but there’s no need to fiddle around with multi-function buttons here — you can roast, sauté, steam, bake, sear and slow-cook (for up to 12 hours) with this versatile little cooker, making casseroles, curries, vegetables and fish dishes at the press of a button. The roasting rack and rice-measuring cup provided are handy, too.
- A handy digital display features a separate, clearly laid-out button for each program, and easy-to-use controls — you can manually adjust the time, as well as temperature, or leave it to do its work. Using much less power than a conventional oven, this multi cooker can prepare meals with just the flip of a switch.
- A useful keep-warm function automatically commences when the cooking process is finished, meaning you can rely on your meal to be ready when you are.
- The tempered glass lid — which allows you to check on your cooking without interrupting it — and non-stick inner pot, which doubles as a serving vessel, are both dishwasher-safe to make cleaning easier than ever.
With an uncomplicated design and easy-to-use controls, this simple multi-cooker couldn’t be a more practical and versatile aid for your kitchen. Large enough to prepare big cuts of meat, but not too large to store when you have limited space, it’s a great-value option for practically any household.
Features: six functions (keep-warm included) -- digital display -- manual time adjustment -- tempered glass lid -- non-stick inner pot -- dishwasher-safe
Redmond M4502E Review – Number 4
This versatile Redmond multi cooker shares some features with its cousin (listed above), but isn’t quite the same — which is important in the long run. Bound to come in handy for practically any kitchen, it’s equipped with an amazing number of functions that will spice up your inner chef’s life!
- Its 5-litre capacity is large enough for almost any dish you please, from whole chickens to curries, stews, soups and more. Household size needn’t be a worry — if you’re a smaller family, you can simply cook large portions at a time and save some for later.
- Although it lacks the 45 functions of the other Redmond model reviewed above, 34 still isn’t anything to sniff at. 16 of these are automatic, while 18 feature manual control — you can prepare a whole range of dishes, running the gamut from curries and pasta to French fries and yoghurts! A handy digital display makes controlling the settings a breeze. There are also keep-warm and reheat functions, the former of which can keep your meal ready and waiting for up to 24 hours.
- The removable inner bowl, which can double as a serving vessel, is non-stick for easy cleaning, and the cooker features three-way heating technology that, aided by a microprocessor, warms food from the top, bottom and sides.
- Also included are a useful few accoutrements, like a steaming rack, tongs and a deep-fry basket, as well as a book with a hundred unique recipes to help you get started.
With the plethora of useful features offered, this multi-cooker really goes the extra mile. It may not have the option of pressure-cooking, but if you’re looking to save time as well as money, it’s a perfectly good option for anyone interested in learning to use a multi-cooker — and doing it right.
Features: 34 programs (16 automatic, 18 manual) -- removable non-stick inner bowl -- three-way heating -- steaming rack -- deep-fry basket
Russell Hobbs 21850 Review – Number 5
Russell Hobbs have always offered a fine range of kitchen appliances, and now with this multi-cooker, you can add a whole new level of convenience to your kitchen. With plenty of functions and a nice compact size, it’ll be a boon to almost any household.
- The 5-litre capacity means you can cook almost any dish that’ll fit — even a whole chicken or other sizeable cuts of meat! While smaller portions don’t always fare so well, it’s actually more convenient to cook up large batches of food and save them for later — in both time and money.
- Eleven varied programs — varying from steaming, slow-cooking and stewing, all the way to specialised meat, fish, bread and yoghurt settings — offer an abundance of dishes to be made, with no more than the press of a button. This cooker also has a keep-warm function that doesn’t dry food out, so your meals will always be ready when you are.
- With an easy-to-clean stainless-steel body, this multi cooker is both attractive and convenient — and can be tidied neatly away to keep your work surfaces clean and clear. A useful handle allows it to be moved easily, while the outside of the cooker doesn’t get hot to the touch even after hours of cooking.
- A non-stick aluminium inner cooking pot is the only part that regularly needs washing, and that’s just as simple as giving it a quick rinse with soapy water. The aluminium composition also allows for very even all-over heating, so there’s no need to worry about some parts of your food being more underdone than others.
- The LED-display digital panel is simple and easy to use, while the cooker features a timer that can be set for up to 24 hours ahead — perfect for busy modern lives.
This surprisingly affordable multi cooker will do wonders for any kitchen. Its eleven settings can be activated with just the touch of a button, while the non-stick aluminium coating of the inner cooking pot is both effective and easy-cleaning.
Features: 11 programs -- keep-warm function -- non-stick inner pot -- digital display -- 24-hour timer
Russell Hobbs have outdone themselves again with their simple, attractive 21850 Multi Cooker. Easy to use, with enough functions to make a wide variety of dishes but not so many that you’re spoilt for choice, it’s incredibly well-priced for what it offers, and the 24-hour timer is definitely a bonus. You’d be hard-pressed to find a better multi cooker for an equivalent value anywhere!
via Blogger Multi Cooker Reviews – Best Of 2015 – 2016